Beaches of San Diego
The beaches in San Diego are some of the most beautiful in the world. With pristine waters and amazing sunsets, it's easy to see why this city is such a popular destination. La Jolla is especially famous for its beaches, and it's easy to see why. With crystal clear water and stunning views, it's the perfect place to enjoy the day. And, of course, don't forget to check out the sea lions! They're one of the highlights of any trip to La Jolla. Coronado Beach is famous for its sparkling wide-sand beaches, charming main street, and grand hotels, including the famous Hotel del Coronado; this island is truly paradise. Coronado's coastline features wide sandy beaches with sparkling sand (courtesy of the mineral Mica) that draws visitors worldwide. Coronado's charming streets and spectacular sunset views added value to the nickname "The Crown City." Mission Beach may be the well-known and most visited beach in San Diego. This beach features Belmont Park and the famous Giant Dipper Rollercoaster. All kinds of sports are prevalent on the bayside, like volleyball, surfing, and paddle boarding, and there isn't a better place to learn than these calm waters. Mission Beach and Pacific Beach offer several great places to eat. Take the opportunity to visit as many mesmerizing ocean views as possible, have a beach bonfire, try surfing, kayaking, paddleboarding, snorkeling, scuba diving, or simply bask in the sun.Make sure you get out and visit one of the many San Diego beaches Photo by FrankPhoto
Summer concertsMake the most of San Diego's warm summer nights and enjoy various free summer concerts in parks throughout the city. One of our recommendations is the International Summer Organ Festival at the Spreckels Organ Pavillon at Balboa Park. Another fantastic opportunity for outdoor concerts is the new The Rady Shell at Jacobs Park.
Seaport VillageTour Seaport Village during weekends for free entertainment, leisurely strolling, plus window shopping. Don't forget to ride the historic carousel when you visit.
Gaslamp QuarterAfter an eventful day of sun and sea, explore the vibrant San Diego Downtown with plenty of shopping, dining, and dancing opportunities. Stroll through the historic Gaslamp Quarter in downtown San Diego, filled with unique stores, numerous restaurants, nightclubs, and bars, many of which are set in turn-of-the-century Victorian architecture.
Fourth of July
Don't miss the festivities at San Diego's many Fourth of July fireworks and celebrations throughout the county. The Port of San Diego celebrates with the Big Bay Boom fireworks extravaganza over San Diego Bay, the largest fireworks display in the county.The San Diego Zoo has a brand new children's area with water features.
Must-see theme parks and attractionsSan Diego has so many great theme parks and attractions. Visiting at least one should be a priority when staying at one of our San Diego RV Resorts.
- LEGOLAND California: features more than 60 interactive attractions, shows, and rides. The San Diego Zoo: With more than 3500 animals, you will love to explore the San Diego Zoo. This is a place you will never forget with its 100-acre of tropical gardens. You can explore the rainforest, savanna, and many other biomes while getting close to some of the most amazing animals on the planet!
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park: The Safari park offers an unparalleled experience where you have the chance to experience wild nature at its best. Throughout the 1,800-acre preserve, animals roam free, and you can enjoy close-up contact with wildlife.
- SeaWorld San Diego: uncover spectacular shows, up-close animal encounters and exciting rides, and dozens of exhibits containing marine life from around the globe.
- Discover Old Town: Soak in the history and culture of Old Town, and of course, indulge in great food and explore the historical sites. Bask in the early California ambiance and experience the history of San Diego as you wander through lush gardens and browse the specialty shops for treasures from around the world.
- Hiking, biking, and other activities: We are fortunate to be located in such a perfect spot for biking and hiking, whether you are looking for a breezy beach cruiser or mountain biking! Some of the favorite biking and hiking trails in Southern California include: Torrey Pines along the North County San Diego shoreline is pure enjoyment with gorgeous coastal views.