Chef Xavier Perez: Best Breakfast Sandwich
About Chef Xavier
Xavier Perez reigns as the Executive Chef of the Loews Regency New York. In his storied career, he has enhanced the culinary experience at four- and five-star rated hotels across the nation including, The Ritz Carlton South Beach, Miami; the Conrad Miami and the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort Fernandina Beach in Florida.
Xavier’s passion for food stems from its connection to memory, comfort and gathering with friends and family.
He most enjoys cooking breakfast because he can inject his creativity in the vast variety of breakfast foods and customize “the most important meal of the day” to individual tastes.
Xavier completed his study of Culinary Arts at Johnson & Wales University in Miami, Florida. The chef was born and raised in Puerto Rico.
Best Breakfast Sandwich
- Gather all ingredients and tools necessary to cook the recipe. You will need a spatula, a medium-size frying pan and a toaster. It will also be good to have your plate ready as this will take a few minutes to cook.
- Start by warming up your pan to medium-high heat, then cover the bottom of the pan with cooking oil spray.
- Place your sausage in the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side. After you have flipped your sausage once, start cooking your egg on the same pan. Once the egg is cooked to your desired temperature, the building begins.
- At this point, toast your bagel and stack your egg on top of the sausage, then the cheese. Sprinkle a touch of water in the pan to create some steam, this will help the cheese melt.
- After the bagel is toasted, add ketchup, then build your sandwich. Slice in half and enjoy!