Dear Valued Sunland Guest,
First and foremost, we hope you’re staying safe and well. We know that you may be having hesitations about traveling now or in the near future due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. On behalf of the entire Sunland RV Resorts family, we would like to assure you that the health and safety of our guests and staff are of the utmost importance. Just like you, we are closely monitoring new developments regarding COVID-19.
While we continue to welcome new guests and remain open, we have implemented modified procedures in order to comply with The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations and public health officials’ guidelines to keep our guests and staff as safe as possible.
What We Are Doing Differently
We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and want you to feel at ease when visiting with us. Below are some of the precautionary response measures that we are taking to ensure your health and safety:
- Elevated cleaning and sanitation protocols, including increased frequency of cleaning, especially in high-touch areas.
- Utilizing electrostatic sprayers to treat all our interiors. The electrostatic sprayers create a mist that is a combination of a disinfection agent and antimicrobial cleaner to treat surfaces that are unreachable by human hands during cleaning.
- Common areas and amenities will remain closed, with the exception of the Laundry Room, to minimize the need to physically interact with other guests. Some counties have eased restrictions on certain outdoor recreational activities, allowing limited outdoor amenities, such as pickleball courts, to be open – please check with your resort to confirm if any common area amenities are open for use. All players must comply with the guidelines of the local government.
- Informational content regarding recommended hand washing procedures is posted in restrooms, offices and common areas to increase awareness of simple prevention methods.
- Adjustment of team schedules and working arrangements to promote social distancing. Main offices will remain closed, staff are still reachable by phone, and check-in procedures are modified.
- Cancellation of all indoor resort events until further notice, to prevent gatherings.
- All guests are encouraged to stay in their RVs when possible and must practice social distancing when outside of their RVs.
Domestic Travel Guidelines
The CDC does not generally issue travel advisories within the U.S., but due to the coronavirus, it has recommended avoiding crowded travel areas, such as airports and bus stations. Please note the following recommendations when making your travel plans:
- Is COVID-19 spreading in the area where you are going?
- Will you or your travel companion(s) be in close contact with others during your trip? In an RV you will not be in close contact with others like you would in an airport, which makes it a safer way to travel.
- Are you or your travel companion(s) more likely to get severe illness if you get COVID-19?
For more ways to take precautions when traveling, see The CDC guidelines.
Flexibility In Your Travel Plans
We believe in responsible and safe traveling and Sunland RV Resorts continues to welcome travelers with our established operational commitment to care. We understand the need for increased flexibility with travel planning right now.
For direct reservations booked on or before February 28th, 2021, we are waiving cancellation fees for existing individual reservations at all Sunland RV Resorts, provided you notify us at least 72 hours prior to your scheduled arrival.
For direct reservations booked after February 28th, 2021, we are allowing you to amend your reservations to a future date without losing your deposit,
While many rates have flexible cancellation policies, there are some rates which are non-refundable. In this very fluid environment, we continue to monitor the situation and will revisit this policy as needed. Exclusions apply for Special Event dates with prepaid/nonrefundable policies in place.
How You Can Protect Yourself
To protect yourself and your community, always reference your local government orders and public health officials. We also encourage all guests to take precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by following the guidelines provided by The CDC:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home as much as possible.
- Put distance between yourself and other people.
- Everyone should wear a cloth face cover when they have to go out in public, for example to the grocery store. Continue to keep about 6 feet between yourself and others. The cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing. Please note: some local orders require face coverings in public.
- Cover coughs and sneezes, throw used tissues in the trash. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
For higher risk individuals, such as people 65 years and older and people of all ages with underlying medical conditions, we encourage you to take additional precautions, as recommended by The CDC.
The RV and camping industry has changed dramatically in the past few weeks. We know that promoting recreational travel is no longer a viable strategy, and instead must focus on the benefits RV resorts can provide. We provide shelter for full-time RVers and travelers making their way back home. Increasingly, our resorts are providing housing for medical professionals and members of the essential workforce. As RV resort operators, we are doing everything we can to remain open and do our part in stopping the spread of coronavirus.
What is Next
These are volatile, uncertain and complex times we are facing, but there is always hope in the future. Gas prices continue to stay low, many vaccines are in trials, and our nation is taking the appropriate measures to flatten the curve, time slows down and life begins. RVing will continue to be a safe means of travel, where you maintain the safety and security of your own self-contained environment. We have hope that we will all be able to travel on the road, taking family trips, celebrating life and enjoying the sun. We would like to continue bringing you some sunshine with our communications via email and social media, sharing content that helps you get through the day. Please don’t hesitate to check our availability as you plan a hopeful RV trip in the future. For the time being, please stay safe and healthy, we look forward to welcoming you for your next stay. Our commitment to the health of our guests and staff will continue to be our top priority. We thank you for your support and loyalty.