10 Places to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in North County San Diego
If you want to have a taste of the Irish culture, you should definitely pay a visit to San Diego and its surroundings. There are so many things to do, like parades and festivals in San Diego, visit the top-rated breweries, see the bagpipe players, pub crawls, green rivers, and green fountains in Escondido. Here is our St. Patrick’s Day checklist:
1. The 40th Annual San Diego St. Patrick’s Day Parade The 40th Annual San Diego St. Patrick’s Day Parade will be held on Saturday, March 12th at 10.30 am on Fifth Avenue at Laurel Street. This spectacular parade is going to be filled with See Floats, High School Marching Bands, Police and Fire Department Units, Dancing Groups, Marching and Equestrian Units, Clowns, Dignitaries and Honorees, Representatives from Ireland, Antique Cars, Irish Setters and more. Details can be found here: http://www.stpatsparade.org/
2. Irish Festival in Balboa Park After the parade, an event-filled festival will continue in Balboa Park, featuring live entertainment on 3 stages, with Irish Step Dancers, Irish Folk singers and bands, Craft Booths, Celtic food villages, Beer Garden and Kids Zone.
3. St Patrick’s Day Bar Hop IRISH 4 A DAY is truly a one-of-a-kind celebration and unlike any other “pub crawls” and it will start on Friday, March 11th, Saturday, March 12th, and Thursday, March 17th.
4. The 26th Annual ShamROCK Downtown San Diego’s historic Gaslamp Quarter will be turned into Ireland from 12 pm to 12 am on March 17 at ShamROCK 2012, including Irish rock bands and pints of green beer. This is the real Irish flair in San Diego and an authentic Irish celebration. Read more: https://www.sandiegoshamrock.com/
5. San Diego Leprechaun Run Dress up in all green and join the 5K Run! The event starts at 9 am on Saturday, March 12th in Pacific Beach! Register here: https://www.sandiegorunningco.com/sdrc_events/san-diego-leprechaun-run/
6. O’Sullivan’s in Escondido It’s probably as close to Ireland as you can get over here as the Escondido location was voted one of the 10 best Irish pubs in the world by Ireland of the Welcomes magazine. This is probably THE place to be on St. Patrick’s Day. The address is 118 E Grand Ave, Escondido. For more information, visit their website: https://osullivansescondido.com/
7. Hooleys Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day the right way at HOOLEYS! Grab your best green and join the fun on Thursday, March 17th. The pub will be open from 10 am to 10 pm! There is no cover charge all day, and there will be Live Music. For more details visit: https://hooleys.com/
8. Jacked Up Brewery Jacked Up Brewery is famous for its great live music, comedy nights, and food options. The brewery is located at 800 W Grand Avenue, Escondido. For more information: https://jackedupbrewery.com/
9. Stone Brewery Stone Brewery is well known throughout the country and offers fine dining and a great atmosphere. The location is 1999 Citracado Parkway, Escondido. Visit their website: https://www.stonebrewing.com/visit/bistros/escondido
10. Plan 9 Alehouse Plan 9 Alehouse is a local, independent, hand-crafted eatery and brewery. Their address is 155 E Grand Ave, Escondido. For more details: http://www.plan9alehouse.com/