Role and Responsibilities
As a member of the Resort Team, a Resort Reservation Specialist, you will report to and assist the Resort Manager in achieving the properties goals. The primary focus of this position is to create a pleasant and engaging experience for our RV resort customers through inbound and outbound call efforts, complete site reservation transactions, concierge services and administrative responsibilities of the resort, working closely with the Resort Manager and other team members. You will also serve as the face of the resort as you interact with current and prospective guests who come to the office with questions and concerns.
- Field incoming web chats and phone calls.
- Guide incoming callers through the reservation process.
- Ability to sell the property through scripting and resort knowledge.
- Meet and/or exceed targeted calls, site nights, presented/handled call ratios, and revenue creation on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Work with existing customers to obtain potential new customers through referral programs.
- Maximize sales by extending the stays of customers, reserving future bookings, and selling cottage/villa vacations.
- Greet and establish rapport with guests. Field resort comments, suggestions, and complaints to the Resort Manager.
- Check guests in and out for their reservations.
- Ability to handle multiple guest situations at the same time, via telephone, in person or on guest site.
- Assist guest with concierge type services: Directions, restaurant recommendations, services and preferred vendors.
- Collect and post security deposits, rent, or funds for other services with mandatory accurately.
- Make collection calls for site rental payments as directed.
- Cash handling, accounting skills and logic to solve issues.
- Prepare and distribute resort communications such as rule reminders, violation notices, etc.
- Assist with planning and coordinating guest events and activities within the resort.
- Assist with marketing efforts by maintaining mailing lists, responding to inquiries and providing feedback on current promotions.
- Ability to “Think on your feet” and respond appropriately in a busy environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel – travel between resorts to cover shifts and/or events.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license and be insurable.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 2 years administrative or hospitality experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Professional appearance
- Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency, with ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, email, internet, and provide data entry in a timely and efficient manner
- Previous experience using reservation software, a plus
- RV resort office or hotel front desk experience, a plus
- Bi-lingual, a plus